Monday 28 November 2011

Project Update

SO I've been pretty busy with my TDD courswork so the project has taken a back sit for a week. Arrgh panic!!! it's not going to match my gantt chart. oh wait, I never produced one as I thought knowing how long this was going to take me before starting was a silly idea. I've got 2 week sprints / iterations/ etc.. and I'm adding functionality each time, its till early and I gave myself til christmas to have a working prototype minimium viable product is probably a little bit fair to it, is a wireframe on an SQLite database.

Good news though, I've decided on a UI library... and the winner is greendroid! :) I thought I'd head this way when I first saw cyril demo it at Droidcon but for all intents and purposes I was still open to others, the demo app sold me though - think tour de flex, for a UI library.

So where to begin with my recent progress then.

Well, I have a database which i can edit, insert, remove records from. some basic error handling - still not sure about which route to follow with logging or exception handling yet so not too worried that at this moment in time.

UI - I've installed the GDCatalog and am playing around with that now, I had to learn to start using git, which took me a while. but from the basic functionality I've been exposed to I'm sold, after clonging a repo from the command line i figured I'd try eGit for eclipse, nice... Note to self (change 'HOME' environment variable so it stops cloning repos into muser/luke and starts clonging them into that massive new harddrive you got.)

As an aside to anyone who does install git and uses git-bash, did you find yourself just browing the hello-world folder. I liked that a lot. (as an aside...yeah right, who's actually going to read this.)

I have a meeting with my supervisor tomorrow which I'll use to agree what content to have shown off and working by christmas (next week) - I feel a few more late nights on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment