Monday 31 October 2011

Adding of fuzzy logic

Had a great chat today with my supervisor regarding the inclusion of fuzzy logic to my application.

I was keen that tasks such as "Write User Stories" would not be a simple boolean value with a checklist but an on going, task that works towards being a member of the set of complete task (or have a membership to the set of 1)

My fuzzy logic isn't rusty, its just not developed yet (I stared learning to represent membership functions in matlab 2 weeks ago)

My understanding would be that would be treated as a member of the set of complete tasks and its degree of membership to that set would get closer to 1 the nearer to being complete that task became such that:

I think this is how the following would work, but if its wrong I'll come back and correct it once I've done a little more research I'll leave anything I got wrong in with an ugly strikethrough so I remember the mistakes I made.

A rough esitmation at applying fuzzy logic to my application....

Let T0 be the set of all tasks and then let T1 be the set of all tasks completed

T1 then is a subset of T0

The number of complete tasks would be #(T1)

The Number of incomplete tasks would be T0 / T1

And so on....

I'd need then to implement some mathematics that would allow me to graphically represent completeness of the entire project as an overview of the membership of each task.

As I'm writing this, and I may be well off but I think the degree of membership to T1 is more important when drawing a graphical representation of completeness of the whole project....

No comments:

Post a Comment